The Church of St. Francis of Assisi was temporarily closed to protect everyone after we discovered a potential exposure to Covid-19. We have good news to report: all the friars have tested negative and we are free to re-open our doors.
Confessions will begin again at 11:00 AM on Monday December 14th in the lower church and in person Mass will resume also on Monday, December 14th at 12:00 PM in the upper church.
See our special schedule due to the Coronavirus at the links below:
Original Post of 12/9/2020:
Dear Parishioners and Friends of St. Francis of Assisi Church,
May the Lord give you peace.
One of our staff members has tested positive for the Coronavirus. The friars are going to quarantine until after all of us have been tested. At this point, the friars are all healthy.
For the safety of all, we will suspend public services.
I will update you on Monday, 12/14.
- The upper church is closed.
- The daily 12:00 PM and 5:00 PM masses and the Saturday 4:00 PM, Sunday 11:00 AM, and 5:00 PM will be live-streamed only. They will not be open for congregations.
- We will live stream Vespers for Monday 12/14 at 5:45 PM.
- Confessions are suspended as well.
- The Lower Church will be open for private prayer from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
I regret the inconvenience and hope to be back on schedule soon. Please continue to pray for all who are sick with the virus, for those who have died, those who mourn, for caregivers, medical personnel, and all essential workers.
-Fr. Tom, ofm