As a parish in the Archdiocese of New York, we are part of the fabric of the larger Church of New York. We share in the benefits and the responsibilities of the ministry of our Archbishop and of the Archdiocese. The Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal is part of our financial support and part of our participation in the life of our Church outside the walls of our beloved Church of St. Francis of Assisi.
The funds that we give to this year’s Appeal will be used to address the following needs of the archdiocese:
- $10MM Assistance for Financially Vulnerable Parishes
- $6MM Charitable Outreach and Pastoral Support
- $3MM Evangelization, Communications, and Catholic Education
- $1MM Formation of New Parish Priests
- $1MM Care for Retired Priests
Please remember to select “Direct my gift to” and select “St. Francis of Assisi, New York” from the drop-down menu. This does not mean that St. Francis will receive these funds, it just means that the Archdiocese knows that your donation came from our community.
Here is a message from Cardinal Dolan for this year’s appeal: