Catholicism 101: The Gospel of St. Matthew
During this course, we will be studying in depth the Gospel of Matthew. Themes we will study will include:
- For whom was the Gospel of Matthew written?
- What special issues may Matthew’s church have been facing when this gospel was written?
- What is Matthew’s theology of who Jesus is? (Christology)
- What does it mean to follow Jesus in Matthew’s gospel? (Discipleship)
- What is the relationship between Judaism and Christianity in Matthew’s gospel?
This course is offered for both new students as well as people already accustomed to studying the bible. Inquirers and neophytes from the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults are encouraged to attend. It will also be an excellent course for catechists, lectors, deacons, and priests who want a refresher course as we journey through Cycle A this liturgical year, and anyone interested in learning more about the Christian faith.
Instructor: Joseph Nuzzi, M.A.
Wednesdays Feb 8 to April 12 (no class Feb. 22 or April 5)
12:30 PM – 1:30 PM and 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
(the evening session will be offered in person and on zoom)