Catholicism 101: The Gospel of St. John
In this seven-week course, we will be studying in depth the Gospel of John.
Themes we will study will include:
- Where was the Gospel of John written? For whom was it written?
- What issues may John’s church have been facing when writing this gospel?
- What is John’s theology of who Jesus is? (Christology)
- What does it mean to follow Jesus in John’s gospel? (Discipleship)
- What is the relationship between Judaism and Christianity in John?
This course is offered for both new students as well as people already accustomed to studying the bible. Inquirers and neophytes from the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults are encouraged to attend. It will also be an excellent course for catechists, lectors, and anyone interested in learning more about the Christian faith.
Instructor: Joseph Nuzzi
Wednesdays: June 15, 2022 – August 3, 2022
No class on July 6th
12:30 to 1:30 PM or
6:30 PM to 7:30 PM (evening class in person and on zoom)
The Church of St. Francis of Assisi
135 West 31st Street, New York, NY 10001
St. Clare Room
Registration Fee: $70.00*
*scholarships are available. For information, please email Joseph Nuzzi at firstname.lastname@example.org